Monday, April 13, 2009

I have 3 flowers, 2 lt. pink roses and a bright pink carnation. What is the best way to press/preserve them?

They are from my grandmother%26#039;s funeral and I would like to be able to remember the day. Does anyone have any good ideas for preserving or pressing the flowers.... I thought about somehow suspending them in acryclic resin...but really have no ideas . Suggestions and instructions PLEASE HELP!!!!!

I have 3 flowers, 2 lt. pink roses and a bright pink carnation. What is the best way to press/preserve them?
First, you need to tie the stems up (if they have one) and then hang them upside down until they dry out. Then the best way to press them is by putting them between the page of a heavy book. Sorry to hear about your grandmother...my condolences.
Reply:I have been digging and digging trying to find out how to make a solid globe -- they are just beautiful with real flowers in them - if I ever find the directions, I will pass them on.





In the meantime -- you mentioned pressing them. If you can buy a flower press, that would be great - they are about $5. If not, take two pieces of corrugated cardboard (make sure they are clean) and cut them about 8%26quot; square. Get two moisture absorbent sheets of paper (at craft stores). Place one piece of cardboard on table - then one of the absorb. pages - the flowers (make sure they are NOT overlapping) and cut the stems to fit inside the square - then the second absorb. sheet and finally the last piece of cardboard. Place 3-4 HEAVY books on top of the %26#039;pkg%26#039; and leave them alone for a week or so. Then CAREFULLY remove the flowers - they will be fragile, so really take care.





I would then put them in a shadow box with a photo of your grandma, some things of hers (jewelry, hankie, etc) and arrange them to please the eye. Good luck sweetie and keep your grandma%26#039;s memory alive.



genealogy mormon

No comments:

Post a Comment